|sundried tomato and broccoli quiche in almond flour crust|
As you know I love eggs and there’s no shortage of recipes with eggs on my IG feed @cakebrain & on my food blog 𝐂𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐁𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧.
I’m so excited to share with you a quiche recipe I developed for @BCEgg, a non-profit organization that regulates BC’s egg farms. The recipe can also be found on the Vancouver Sun site.
I’ve entered my quiche recipe in their contest and would be grateful if you show me some love by voting for me! You have to be 18+ and living in BC, Canada to vote and you can vote once every day until the end of the contest on May 17, 2019. There is no purchase necessary, but you have to fill out a form on the above link proving residency in BC.
|free range eggs from Rabbit River Farms|
I’m small potatoes in this contest as many of the other contestants have thousands of IG followers and are professional “influencers”; but I’m hoping y’all appreciate all the recipes I’ve freely shared on my blog over the past 12 years and give me your vote! or give me your vote every day until May 17 lol!
I’m sharing a gluten free tart crust recipe for the quiche because some of my readers are Celiac/gluten intolerant, paleo, keto or low carb. I used free range Omega3 eggs from Rabbit River Farms, a local ethically run, organic egg producer. I’m simply in love with their golden yolks! #sponsored #ad #BCEgg
|golden yolk love!|
|prebaked tarts filled with egg custard filling; ready for the oven|
𝗦𝗨𝗡𝗗𝗥𝗜𝗘𝗗 𝗧𝗢𝗠𝗔𝗧𝗢 & 𝗕𝗥𝗢𝗖𝗖𝗢𝗟𝗜 𝗤𝗨𝗜𝗖𝗛𝗘
Special equip: FOUR 4 ½-INCH tart pans w/ removable bottoms.
Makes 4 tarts
𝗔𝗟𝗠𝗢𝗡𝗗 𝗙𝗟𝗢𝗨𝗥 𝗖𝗥𝗨𝗦𝗧
(GF, Paleo, Low Carb)
1 ½ cups almond flour
2 tablespoons melted butter (avocado oil, or coconut oil)
½ tsp Pink Himilayan salt
1 cold large egg, free range
𝐀𝐥𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐝 𝐅𝐥𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐓𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐂𝐫𝐮𝐬𝐭
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Combine almond flour, butter, salt & egg in a bowl.
3. Equally portion tart dough among 4 tart pans
4. Using fingers, press firmly dough up sides & press evenly across bottom. Prick crust bottom with fork
5. Place on baking sheet & bake for 15-20 min, until lightly golden.
6. Set aside while you prepare filling
6 large eggs, free range
¼ cup heavy cream
¼ cup chopped broccoli florets
¼ cup sun-dried tomatoes, packed in oil (drained); chopped
¼ cup shredded cheese (feta, cheddar or mozzarella)
¼ tsp fresh thyme leaves (optional)
salt & pepper to taste
𝐒𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐝 𝐓𝐨𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐨 & 𝐁𝐫𝐨𝐜𝐜𝐨𝐥𝐢 𝐐𝐮𝐢𝐜𝐡𝐞
1. Combine eggs & cream in a bowl & lightly beat together; season with salt & pepper
2. Add chopped broccoli florets, chopped sun-dried tomato & shredded cheese to mixture & stir to combine.
3. Equally portion out quiche filling among 4 cooked tart shells, which are on a sheet pan.
4. Bake in 350°F oven for 20-25 min; or until just set