Easiest Way to Make Award-winning Light and Moist! Kabocha Cake
Light and Moist! Kabocha Cake.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can cook light and moist! kabocha cake using 14 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Light and Moist! Kabocha Cake:
- Prepare 100 grams of ●Cake flour.
- Get 1/2 tsp of ●Baking powder.
- Make ready 1/2 tsp of ●Cinnamon.
- Prepare 100 grams of Unsalted butter.
- Prepare 90 grams of Granulated sugar.
- Prepare 2 of Eggs (L).
- Make ready 120 grams of Mashed kabocha squash.
- Take 1 tbsp of Heavy cream.
- Take 40 grams of Red grapes (or raisins).
- Make ready 1 dash of Rum essence or rum (optional).
- Get of Toppings:.
- Take 1 of powdered sugar + egg white Icing.
- Get 1 of optional Kabocha seeds.
- Make ready 1 of optional Silver dragées.
Instructions to make Light and Moist! Kabocha Cake:
- Bring the butter and eggs to room temperature. Mix the ● ingredients together and sift 3 times..
- Put the butter in a bowl, and mix with a handheld mixer on the low-speed setting until white and creamy (you can use a whisk too)..
- Add the granulated sugar in 3 batches. Beat the butter and sugar with the hand mixer on low speed until fluffy..
- Beat the eggs, and add to the bowl little by little, with the hand mixer set on medium speed..
- Add the mashed kabocha squash and heavy cream, and keep mixing..
- When everything is well mixed, add the ● ingredients all at once. Mix it in with a rubber spatula using a cut-and-fold motion. Don’t overwork the batter!.
- Just before the batter loses its flouriness, add the red grapes (or raisins) and rum (or rum essence), and mix until the batter is not floury anymore and turns glossy..
- Divide the batter between the 4 molds. Bake in a preheated 360F/180C oven for 20 minutes. They are done if a bamboo skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean..
- While the cakes are baking, mix the powdered sugar with a little egg white to make a rather stiff icing. Drizzle the icing over the cakes while they’re still warm..
- Decorate the cakes before the icing hardens with kabocha seeds and silver dragées, and they’re done! You can just dust the cakes with powdered sugar instead of putting on icing and they’ll be just as cute..
- The cakes are so soft and moist! The raisins and the hint of cinnamon are keys to their wonderful flavor..
- How about wrapping them like this to give as gifts? The recipients are sure to be happy!.
So that is going to wrap it up for this exceptional food light and moist! kabocha cake recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am sure you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague.