Easiest Way to Make Favorite Cheat’s Corned Beef Pie
Cheat’s Corned Beef Pie.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can cook cheat’s corned beef pie using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Cheat’s Corned Beef Pie:
- Take of For the Pastry:.
- Take 250 g of flour.
- Prepare 1 Pinch of salt.
- Make ready 55 g of butter, cold & cubed.
- Make ready 55 g of lard, cold & cubed.
- Prepare 1 of egg yolk.
- Prepare of For the Filling:.
- Take 1/2 (1 pack) of frozen diced onions.
- Make ready 2 knobs of butter.
- Make ready 1 of small & 1 large tin of corned beef.
- Get 1 packet of frozen mashed potatoes.
- Take 1 splash of milk.
- Prepare 1 tsp of white pepper & salt.
- Take 1 of egg, beaten.
Instructions to make Cheat’s Corned Beef Pie:
- Add the flour, salt, butter, and lard to the bowl of a food processor, blitz a few times until the mix resembles breadcrumbs. Add the yolk and 1 tbsp of water, blitz again a few times until a dough starts to form, you may need a little more water. Tip the mixture onto a lightly floured surface and bring together with your hand, but do not kneed it, cover with cling film chill in the fridge for 30 mins..
- Add the butter to a frying pan and heat gently, once melted add the onion and cook on low until the onion is soft and translucent, don’t allow the onion to brown..
- Microwave the mashed potatoes for 5-8 minutes, stirring every few minutes, once soft add the milk and butter. Chop up the corned beef and add it to the potato whilst the potatoes are still warm, it makes the mixture easier to combine. Add the pepper and salt, taste to check the seasoning. Then mix through the cooked onions..
- Preheat the oven to 200C fan. Add a heavy-bottomed baking sheet to the oven to preheat. Roll out half the pastry large enough to cover the base and sides of a 9-inch pie tin. I like to push my pastry into the tin using a piece of wast pastry wrapped in cling film and dipped in flour..
- Fill the pastry base with the corned beef filling, it should be slightly domed, brush around the edge of the cooked pastry with the beaten egg. Roll out the second piece of pastry and top the pie. Use your thumb to press the top layer of pastry onto the bottom of the pastry. Cut a small hole into the centre of the pastry to release the steam, then egg wash all over and sprinkle with sea salt flakes..
- Place the pie in the oven on top of the preheated baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes then lower the temperature to 150 fan for a further 20-25 minutes. Allow to cool completely and then refridgerate before slicing..
- To decorate for halloween, I use Halloween cookie cutters to cut out shapes with left over pastry, then paint on the design with gel colouring diluted with a little water..
So that is going to wrap this up for this exceptional food cheat’s corned beef pie recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m sure you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague.