Easiest Way to Prepare Quick Kabocha Squash Halloween Bread
Kabocha Squash Halloween Bread.
To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can make kabocha squash halloween bread using 7 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Kabocha Squash Halloween Bread:
- Prepare 300 grams of Kabocha squash.
- Get 150 grams of Bread (strong) flour.
- Take 1 tsp of Dried yeast.
- Get 1 tbsp of Sugar.
- Take 1/3 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 20 grams of Butter.
- Take 110 ml of Water.
Steps to make Kabocha Squash Halloween Bread:
- Start by removing the skin and seeds from the kabocha squash. Cut it into bite size pieces and cook it in the microwave. Once it is soft, mash it up and divide into two parts. 30 grams will be used in the bread dough, and the remaining 270 grams will be used as kabocha squash paste filling..
- Heat the water to about 30℃,add the yeast and stir well. Then add all the ingredients except butter (including the 30 g of kabocha squash) to the bowl and stir them together. Once the flour is mixed in, add in the butter and knead the dough on a counter..
- While the dough is rising for the first time, make the kabocha squash paste filling. Add about 25 grams of sugar (not in the above ingredients list) to the 270 g ball of kabocha squash and then heat it on a low flame to remove excess liquid. If it seems dry, add a little bit of honey. Divide the filling into six pieces and make it into balls, using saran wrap..
- Let the dough rise at about 30℃. Once it has risen to roughly twice the original size, it’s done. It should take about 30 minutes~. Then divide the dough into six pieces and leave it to rest for 10 minutes..
- Roll out each piece into a circle about 10 cm in diameter and make 8 cuts evenly around the edges..
- Place the kabocha squash paste filling balls in the middle of the bread dough and pull each section of dough to the center and seal. Place a kabocha squash seed on top..
- Let the bread rise a second time for about 25 minutes~. Once it has risen,bake it for about 15 minutes at 190℃. They turn out cute and pumpkin-looking if you take them out before they turn too brown..
- Cut Jack-o-lantern face pieces out of nori seaweed and stick them on the finished bread with a dab of honey..
- It should look like this..
So that’s going to wrap it up with this special food kabocha squash halloween bread recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure that you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends.