Easiest Way to Prepare Ultimate Owl Cookies:
To begin with this recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can make owl cookies: using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Owl Cookies::
- Make ready 1 cup of unsalted butter.
- Make ready 1 cup of + 2 Tbsp granulated sugar.
- Take 1 of egg.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Make ready 1/2 tsp of almond extract.
- Prepare 3 cups of all-purpose flour.
- Get Pinch of salt.
- Prepare as needed of chocolate chips.
- Make ready as needed of almond slivers.
- Get of Cocoa powder for dusting.
- Take of Parchment paper.
- Take as needed of Whole Almonds.
Steps to make Owl Cookies::
- In an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, mix the butter and sugar together until just incorporated. Do not over-mix at this stage, or the cookies may spread while baking. Add the egg and vanilla and almond extracts. Mix again on low speed..
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour and salt. Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Mix on low speed until dough has formed and there are no longer any streaks of butter in the mixing bowl. If your mixture does not come together and is crumbly, add ice cold-water, 1 tbsp. at a time, until the dough clumps..
- Tightly wrap the dough in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for an hour. After 1 hour, remove the dough at sheet of parchment paper and roll dough a round shape and cut out 3-inch round shapes from the dough and transfer to the prepared baking sheet; these will become your owl bodies. Be careful not to stretch the circles or they will be distorted after baking..
- Place the chocolate chips and almonds in a small bowl within arm’s reach. Use the reserved dough to roll small, marble-sized balls and place two at the top of each owl body. Place a chocolate chip, pointed side down, into each dough ball and gently press. Place a whole almond just below each pair of owl eyes to make owl beaks..
- Using the 3-inch cookie cutter, gently mark wings on each side of the cookie. Be careful not to cut all the way through—you only want to make a line on the cookie’s surface. Press slivered almonds onto the bottom edges of the cookies to form talons..
- Dab the fork in coca powder and, score cross-hatching onto the wings to mimic feathers. Refrigerate the cookies for 30 minutes. This will help the cookies maintain a crisp shape while baking..
- Preheat the oven to 350°F / 176°C.Then bake the cookies for 15 to 20 minutes. You’ll know the cookies are done when they become fragrant and the slivered-almond talons start to turn golden brown. Let cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Enjoy !! Serve with smile 👹😁.
So that is going to wrap it up for this exceptional food owl cookies: recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am confident that you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends.