Recipe of Any-night-of-the-week Tombstones and Castles Sesame Cookies for Halloween
Tombstones and Castles Sesame Cookies for Halloween.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook tombstones and castles sesame cookies for halloween using 9 ingredients and 24 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Tombstones and Castles Sesame Cookies for Halloween:
- Make ready 50 grams of Butter.
- Make ready 150 grams of Flour.
- Get 40 grams of Powdered Sugar.
- Take 4 tbsp of Ground black sesame seeds.
- Take 1 of Egg Yolk.
- Get 1 tbsp of Heavy Cream.
- Take 1 dash of Vanilla Extract.
- Take 10 grams of Chocolate (for writing).
- Prepare 1/2 of bar white chocolate (For the castle).
Instructions to make Tombstones and Castles Sesame Cookies for Halloween:
- Combine ingredients from the butter to the ground sesame, and mix together in a food processor until smooth..
- Add cream, egg yolk and vanilla extract..
- Keep stirring while pulsing until the dough lumps like the photo..
- Roll into a ball and flatten the dough wrapped in plastic wrap and put in the freezer for 30 minutes..
- [Tomb] Roll out the wrapped dough to about 7~8 mm and cut out the shape of a tomb with a knife. Mark the inside of the tomb with the knife as well..
- Press the flat end of the knife into the inside to make a dip..
- It should look like this, so there’s an outline around the edge of the tombstone that’s slightly higher than the middle. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper and lay the cookies..
- Here’s a cool way to alter the design. The eyes and nose were shaped using the tip and end of a bamboo skewer or toothpick..
- Next cut out this shape….
- Just like before, make an shallow indentation, and poke four holes to the cross..
- [Castle] Here’s our castle image. Flatten the dough to 4 mm thick on top of an oven sheet..
- For the window frames, roof and arch, add dough to create a 3D effect. Create the impression of stone with your knife. The pointed end is so we can place it into a cake later..
- Create tiles on the triangular roof..
- [Gate] Flatten the dough to 5 mm thick, and cut it to this shape..
- Add another layer of dough on top of the arch. Stick it securely..
- Create the stone texture using your knife again. Adding some cracks will make it look like a ruin..
- Columns: Make 4 square shaped cookies for the corners of. Each one is 7 cm tall and 3 cm wide, and 5 mm thick..
- Add dough on top, and create a stone texture..
- It will be used like this..
- Here are all the parts laid out on the oven sheet. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes at 150°C (300°F)..
- Done. The color is a little weak, but it will change after cooling..
- Make an icing tube with your oven paper, put in melted chocolate, then write on the arch and tombstones..
- Because the castle is so big, it will crack easily. To prevent cracking, spread melted white chocolate on the back..
- All that’s left is to decorate your castle to your heart’s content..
So that’s going to wrap this up for this exceptional food tombstones and castles sesame cookies for halloween recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m confident you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague.