Recipe of Quick Halloween Cherry ‘Eye’ Pies
Halloween Cherry ‘Eye’ Pies.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can make halloween cherry ‘eye’ pies using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Halloween Cherry ‘Eye’ Pies:
- Prepare of Sweet Shortcrust Pastry.
- Get 225 g of plain flour.
- Prepare 110 g of butter, cubed & cold.
- Make ready 80 g of caster sugar.
- Make ready 1 of egg.
- Take of Or 1 packet of shopbought shortcrust pastry.
- Take of Sour Cherry Jam.
- Make ready 12 of cherries, pitted and frozen, (I use tinned).
- Make ready 1 of egg, beaten.
- Make ready of Caster sugar, to sprinkle.
- Prepare of Edible white paint.
Instructions to make Halloween Cherry ‘Eye’ Pies:
- Make the pastry: Blitz the flour and butter in a food processor, mix through the sugar, the egg, a dough should form if not add a little water. Bring together into a ball with you hands, but do not kneed. Flatten and wrap in cling film and chill for approx 1 hour..
- Preheat the oven to 170 fan. Once chilled, roll out the pastry to the rough thickness of a round coin. Cut out rounds using a cookie cutter, large enough to fit a fairy cake pan, line the bases of the tin..
- Fill each pastry case with a spoonful of jam, be carful not to overfill the cases. Cut out 12 further circles of pastry and top the pies, brush the edge of the bottom pastry circle with a little egg wash then squish the edges together..
- Brush each pie with the beaten egg and sprinkle with sugar..
- Add a frozen cherry to the top of each of the pies. Then using the pastry off cuts cut 12 smaller circles, then cut a straight side of each of the circles, place this over the cherry to form an “eyelid”. Brush the “eyelid” with for egg wash..
- Bake for 12-15 mins until golden brown. Transfer top a cooling rack and allow to cool..
- Once cool add a white pupil with edible paint..
So that’s going to wrap it up with this exceptional food halloween cherry ‘eye’ pies recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am sure you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague.