Recipe of Quick Halloween Cookies
To get started with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can cook halloween cookies using 12 ingredients and 28 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Halloween Cookies:
- Prepare 250 grams of softened unsalted butter.
- Prepare 350 grams of self raising/plain flour.
- Take 300 grams of granulated sugar.
- Get 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Get 1.5 tablespoon of vanilla essence.
- Take 10-12 of almonds soaked overnight,peeled and halved.
- Prepare 4-5 tablespoons of Around of red coloured jam(mixed fruit or strawberry should do).
- Make ready Handful of Choco chips.
- Prepare of For scary Oreo spider cookies:.
- Get 250 grams of pack, of Oreo creme cookies(if desired flavour).
- Take 2 tablespoon of heavy creme.
- Get of Tiny chocolates buttons(as needed).
Instructions to make Halloween Cookies:
- Beat the butter until soft peaks are formed.
- Add in 1/2 the sugar and beat until incorporated, then repeat by adding the remaining sugar.
- Once done, start adding the flour in portions and fold in well using a spatula.
- Keep 4-5 tablespoon of the dough aside to be used for Oreo spider cookies.
- You may want to refrigerate the dough wrapped in a cling film for an hour before beginning to shape the cookies(optional).
- Once done, align a baking tray with baking paper and put your gloves on.
- Preheating the oven can be done when you are half way through your shaping process, as it may take sometime.
- For the ghost cookies, option 1: if using a cookie cutter, it’s essential that you refrigerate the dough before shaping, as you want it to be firm.
- Cut off ghost shaped cookies and place Choco chips to denote eyes.
- Option 2: for shaping with hands, roll a lemon sized dough into s ball and flatten to form a tear/rain drop shape(easy option).
- Another way is to shape them like a pear and then place Choco chips..
- For witch fingers : take a dough portion lesser than a lemon.
- Roll into a cylinder and place on the baking tray.
- Press down gently using a fork to create marks (optional).
- Add a touch of jam on one end of the rolled finger (denoting blood)and place half an almond on the other end (denoting nail).
- Create all finger and ghost cookies similarly and as many as you need from the dough.
- Halfway through shaping the cookies, preheat oven to 180 degree celcius.
- Leave 1/2 inch gap between each cookie and place the tray in the oven once done.
- Bake until the sides slightly brown and transfer the baked cookies on a rack to cool.
- The Oreo spider cookies can be made in minutes..
- Mix melted chocolate/1/2 tablespoon of cocoa powder to the dough kept aside before.
- Separate the biscuit shells and roll a pinch sized portions of the chocolate dough into tiny spider legs.
- Cover with the shell once agin and press down gently. Keep aside to set.
- Place the creme in a bowl and dip a chopstick end in it.
- Create spider eyes and place chocolate buttons to create eyeballs..scary!! (You can break Choco chips into smaller pieces for eye balls if so not find small sized chocolate buttons).
- That’s it. Our scary Oreo spider cookies are ready.
- Store airtight until the ‘big day’.
- Surprise your family and pals with your delicious and scary treats! Happy Halloween.
So that is going to wrap it up with this exceptional food halloween cookies recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am sure that you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague.