Recipe of Ultimate Vickys Halloween Pumpkin Piñata Cake, Decorating Idea
Vickys Halloween Pumpkin Piñata Cake, Decorating Idea.
To begin with this recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can make vickys halloween pumpkin piñata cake, decorating idea using 8 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Vickys Halloween Pumpkin Piñata Cake, Decorating Idea:
- Make ready of Your favourite 2 x 8″ cake batter.
- Take 2 of 7″x 3″ bundt tins.
- Take 350 g of icing / powdered sugar.
- Make ready 150 g of gold foil Stork margarine block.
- Get of orange gel food dye (or red + yellow).
- Make ready of black piping icing.
- Prepare 500 g of white ready roll fondant icing.
- Get of Sweets to fill the cake – I use Haribo gummies, jelly beans etc.
Steps to make Vickys Halloween Pumpkin Piñata Cake, Decorating Idea:
- Preheat the oven to gas 4 / 180C / 350F and grease & flour the bundt tins well.
- Divide the cake batter between each tin. Fill them up to 3/4 full only. I used my entire free-from Coconut Victoria Sponge recipe batter here which normally fills 2 x 9″ rounds. A cake containing egg will rise higher.
- Bake for 25 – 30 minutes for a plain sponge cake. A heavy cake or fruit cake will need up to an hour to bake. Test with a cocktail stick to make sure they’re cooked through. The cakes should have pulled in from the sides of the tin when done and be firm to the touch.
- Let stand for 15 minutes in the tins.
- Run a knife gently around each side of the tins then invert the cakes onto a wire rack to cool completely. If the cake won’t come out, soak a tea towel in hot water, wring it out and let the cake tin stand on top of it for 10 minutes. It should release easily then.
- Cream the Stork and icing sugar together, adding a touch of orange gel food dye to make it a nice pumpkin colour. You won’t need all of the buttercream but better to have too much! It’ll keep fine in a container in the fridge for another day.
- Sandwich the 2 cakes together with a layer of the buttercream. The bottom cake should be rounded end down and the top cake rounded end up.
- Now cover the rest of the cake with the remaining buttercream and skim it smooth.
- Colour the fondant ready roll icing in the same way and roll out into a large circle.
- Cut a wide strip of fondant and line the inner hole then fill with the sweets.
- Roll out the remaining fondant and lay over the whole cake, smoothing down and cutting off the excess with a sharp knife. Tuck the loose edge in underneath.
- Use the back of a knife to make the pumpkin skin markings.
- Use the black piping icing to make the face.
- Add a mixture of other gel colours to the fondant offcuts to make brown and form into the stalk. Don’t make it too heavy or it’ll tear through the ready roll icing on top.
So that is going to wrap it up with this exceptional food vickys halloween pumpkin piñata cake, decorating idea recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m sure you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague.