Simple Way to Prepare Any-night-of-the-week Halloween Dango Eyeballs
Halloween Dango Eyeballs.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can make halloween dango eyeballs using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Halloween Dango Eyeballs:
- Make ready 150 g of Glutinous Rice Flour.
- Prepare 50 g of Rice Flour.
- Make ready of *Note: You can use 200g ‘Shiratamako’ (Japanese Glutinous Rice Flour).
- Make ready 220 ml of Warm Water *approximately, can be less amount if ‘Shiratamako’ is used.
- Make ready of Food Colour (Black, Blue, Green, Brown, etc.).
- Take of *Note: I used Matcha Powder for green and Black Sesame Paste for black. You can use Soy Sauce for brown. There are many natural colour options.
- Make ready of Mitarashi Sauce.
- Get 3 tablespoons of Soy Sauce.
- Take 3 tablespoons of Sugar.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of Mirin.
- Take 1 tablespoon of Potato Starch OR Corn Starch.
- Take 1/2 cup of Water.
- Take of Food Colour (Red) *optional.
Instructions to make Halloween Dango Eyeballs:
- Combine Glutinous Rice Flour and Rice Flour in a mixing bowl, add Warm Water gradually, mix and knead to achieve the firmness of the dough same as firmness of your earlobe. (*This is traditionally taught.) It is a bit dry to the touch. Roll into 2-3cm size balls. Save a small amount for decoration..
- *Note: Rolled balls should not touch each other as they will stick to each other..
- Add a very small amount of green colour (OR colour of your choice) to the saved dough and mix well. Adjust the firmness by adding extra Flour or Water. *Note: I used Matcha Powder, so I added extra Water, but only a very small amount..
- Make 7-8mm size balls, and save a small amount of dough to make the pupil. Flatten each ball into a thin round, and place each round on an eyeball. Using a chopstick, make a small hole in the centre..
- Add a very small amount of black colour to the saved coloured dough. Make 2-3mm size balls. Place each ball in the hole that you made in the centre of the coloured dough. Roll each eyeball to smooth the surface..
- Cook the dango dumplings in rapidly boiling water. When the dumplings are floating, cook a few more minutes, then drain and place them in icy cold water to cool..
- Place all Mitarashi Sauce ingredients in a saucepan, stir well, and cook over medium heat, constantly stirring, until thick. *Note: You may wish to add red colour to make the sauce look like blood..
- Pour the sauce into a serving deep plate, arrange the dumplings, and serve..
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food halloween dango eyeballs recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am confident that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends.