Step-by-Step Guide to Make Any-night-of-the-week Gunpowder Squash
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can make gunpowder squash using 32 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Gunpowder Squash:
- Prepare of Gunpowder spice.
- Prepare 40 g (1.5 oz) of idli rice.
- Make ready 85 g (3 oz) of urad dal.
- Make ready 1 tbsp of chana dal.
- Take 2-4 of whole dried Kashmiri chillies depending on your spice level.
- Make ready 8 of dried curry leaves.
- Take 1 tsp of asafoetida.
- Get 1/2 of cinnamon stick.
- Make ready of seeds from 2 green cardamom pods.
- Prepare 1 tbsps of black pepper.
- Take 1/2 tsp of sesame seeds.
- Make ready pinch of salt.
- Prepare of Pumpkin.
- Get 1 of small pumpkin.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of organic cold-pressed rapeseed oil.
- Take 2 tbsps of gunpowder spice.
- Get 2 of small twigs of rosemary.
- Make ready 100 g (3.5 oz) of naked Tofoo, cubed.
- Make ready 1 of small apple, sliced and cut into batons.
- Get dash of wild orange or lemon juice.
- Prepare 30 g (1 oz) of fennel, sliced and cut into batons.
- Get 50 g (2 oz) of forbidden rice.
- Get 2 tbsps of pomegranate seeds.
- Take handful of kale, blanched and ripped roughly.
- Take 2 of spring onions, sliced thinly.
- Make ready of freshly ground black pepper.
- Get of Dressing.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of tahini.
- Get of juice of 1 medium wild orange or a lemon.
- Take 1 clove of garlic, crushed.
- Get 1 tsp of organic cold-pressed rapeseed oil.
- Prepare of lava or sea salt.
Steps to make Gunpowder Squash:
- To make the spice blend. Set a tawa or frying pan over a medium heat. Add the rice, urad and chana dal and dry roast for 2 minutes or until the mixture turns light brown in colour. Transfer to a large plate and set aside to cool. Add the chillies (1 for mild and 4 for hot) to the same pan and dry roast for 30 seconds until charred. Remove the chillies and place with the rice/lentil mix. Add in the dried curry leaves and leave to cool. Add the remaining ingredients and grind to a coarse powder..
- Heat the oven to 180 degrees C. Cut the pumpkin in two. Remove the seeds and keep to one side..
- Cut crisscross slits in the pumpkin flesh and brush with a little oil and top with the rosemary. Place in a baking dish and bake for 40 minutes. Wash the pumpkin seeds, pat dry and roast for 5 minutes..
- Cube the Tofoo, roll in the gunpowder spice, place on an oiled baking sheet and cook in the centre of the oven for 10 minutes..
- Cook the forbidden rice in boiling, salted water until al dente, approximately 20 minutes..
- Mix the apple and fennel with a dash of wild orange juice or lemon juice. Add to the cooked black rice, pomegranate seeds, kale and spring onions. Add the baked Tofoo and season with a few grinds of black pepper and combine. Whisk all the dressing ingredients together and drizzle on top. Sprinkle with the roasted pumpkin seeds and a grind of lava salt..
- Remove the rosemary from the pumpkin and add the rice mixture into the hollows. Return to the oven and bake for a further 10 minutes..
So that is going to wrap it up for this exceptional food gunpowder squash recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m confident you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends.