Step-by-Step Guide to Prepare Favorite Broccoli and Stilton soup
Broccoli and Stilton soup. Our easy creamy broccoli and Stilton soup recipe with bubbling Stilton croûtons is the perfect antidote to the winter blues. Add the fried spring onions, Stilton and cream and blend until smooth. Transfer the blended mixture to a pan and bring gently to a simmer.
Today I made this beautiful broccoli & stilton soup! Felicity Cloake’s broccoli and stilton soup. One of my favourite soups, amid strong seasonal competition, broccoli and stilton has the great benefit of being green enough to feel healthy and rich enough to satisfy, with or without a big slab of buttered bread on.
Our easy creamy broccoli and Stilton soup recipe with bubbling Stilton croûtons is the perfect antidote to the winter blues. Add the fried spring onions, Stilton and cream and blend until smooth. Transfer the blended mixture to a pan and bring gently to a simmer.
To get started with this recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can cook broccoli and stilton soup using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Broccoli and Stilton soup:
- Take 1 head of Broccoli.
- Prepare 2 stalks of celery.
- Get 1 of red onion.
- Make ready 2 tsp of vegetable oil or 1 oz butter.
- Get 2 oz of Stilton cheese crumbled.
- Get 2 of knorr chicken stock cubes.
- Prepare 3/4 pint of water.
- Take 150 ml of milk.
- Make ready 1/4 tsp of nutmeg.
- Make ready Dash of double cream to serve.
This soup is delicious and so easy to prepare. I was afraid the cheese would be the dominant flavor but it’s not. The broccoli shines through and the blue cheese adds creaminess and an added something something. Reviews for Photos of Broccoli and Stilton Soup.
Steps to make Broccoli and Stilton soup:
- Chop or dice the Broccoli onion and celery and add them to pan with the fat. Fry off until softened..
- Make up the chicken stock with the cubes and hot water. Pour this over the vegetables and bring to a boil. Simmer for approx 15 mins..
- Blend until smooth and add the milk. Bring back to the boil. Add the nutmeg. Then switch off the heat and stir in the cheese crumbs until melted into the mixture..
- Serve with a swirl of double cream. I recommend having this with crusty bread for dipping..
This broccoli and Stilton soup just feels extra comforting too. A good way to use up stilton – If you have leftovers from a cheese board (I always buy too Avoid broccoli with dried out or browning stem ends or yellowing florets. Slice the shallot and sweat down in the butter. Remove the florets from the stalk of broccoli and chop into very small pieces. This is such a delicious and warming soup for a cold day and is a truly British soup.
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food broccoli and stilton soup recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m sure that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague.