Step-by-Step Guide to Prepare Homemade Kabocha Pies for Halloween
Kabocha Pies for Halloween.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can cook kabocha pies for halloween using 6 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Kabocha Pies for Halloween:
- Take 4 of sheets Frozen puff pastry (10.5 x 18 cm).
- Get 200 grams of Kabocha squash (peeled).
- Take 20 grams of Butter.
- Make ready 20 grams of Sugar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Milk.
- Make ready 1 of Egg yolk.
Steps to make Kabocha Pies for Halloween:
- Cut a piece of parchment paper or regular paper to the same size as the puff pastry, draw a kabocha and a leaf and cut them out. Cut out the eyes, nose, and mouth. Let the puff pastry warm up to room temperature for a bit..
- Place the cutouts on top of the puff pastry, and cut it out using the tip of the knife. Repeat for the second sheet, but don’t cut the eyes or mouth out. Add veins to the leaf as well..
- Put the puff pastry in the freezer to keep it from getting too soft. Preheat the oven to 210°C..
- Peel the kabocha, and steam cook or microwave to soften it. Transfer it it to a bowl; add in butter, sugar, and milk and mix well while the kabocha is still warm..
- Once it has cooled, lay out the backside of the kabocha (the side that doesn’t have the eyes etc. cut out), and put the kabocha paste on top..
- Next, place the face section on top, and seal the edges with a fork. If you have any left-over paste, put it into the leaves..
- Place the finished pies on a baking sheet covered in an parchment paper, and and coat the surface with the whisked eggs using a brush..
- Bake at 210°C for 10 minutes. Reduce to 180°C, cook for an additional 15-20 minutes, and it is done ..
So that is going to wrap this up for this exceptional food kabocha pies for halloween recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am confident you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends.