Steps to Prepare Homemade Ladybirds Halloween or Plain Toffee Apples
Ladybirds Halloween or Plain Toffee Apples.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook ladybirds halloween or plain toffee apples using 6 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Ladybirds Halloween or Plain Toffee Apples:
- Get 4 of -5 apples , preferably granny smith apples.
- Get 4 of paddle pop sticks.
- Get 2 cup of sugar.
- Get 1/2 cup of water.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of vinegar.
- Make ready 1 tsp of red food colouring.
Instructions to make Ladybirds Halloween or Plain Toffee Apples:
- Using the paddle pop sticks , one at a time , push them into the base of the apple to the hold them firm on the sticks . Set aside till needed.
- In a small heavy based saucpan , place the sugar , water and vinegar , do not stir ..
- Place pot on the stove on high heat , without stirring , and bring to the boil , and boil for about 10 minutes ..
- After about 10 minutes , add the red food colouring , or colour of your choice to the pot of boiling sugar water , without stirring , and proceed to boil for about a further 10 minutes , or until ready ..
- The way to tell if it’s ready is , have a glass of cold water sitting ready to the side , then after the second 10 minutes , drop a droplet into the prepared glass of cold water , if it hardens and sets when it hits the water and then and when removed is cracking hard , then it’s ready ..
- Once ready remove from the heat and let sit for a few minutes or until the bubbles subside ..
- Once the bubbles have subsided , taking the prepared apples on the sticks , one at a time , dip into the prepared toffee mixture and roll it around to coat it all over evenly and roll to let excess drip off and to cool it and it set a little and then place onto prepared tray or plate , repeat with all remaining apples on the sticks ..
- If making Halloween toffee apples , then leave the pot of leftover toffee on the warm stove top and dip one end of the lolly you wish to use into the leftover toffee and then stick it onto the prepared toffee apples and hold it till it sets , about 30 seconds . Then place on plate and refrigerate until totally cooled and set ..
- Using a non stick tray or glass plate , place the prepared coated apple onto the tray and place in the fridge to chill and fully set . Once set serve cold and enjoy . :-).
So that’s going to wrap it up with this exceptional food ladybirds halloween or plain toffee apples recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m sure that you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends.