What’s for dessert ?: Pizza with crispy dough
Sure you have a dish you adore too, but if you eat it outside then you hate it when they make it that way and not this way. My dish like that is pizza. I love pizza that has a thin, preferably crispy, edge, and I hate those with a puffy bread edge. If I come across such a pizza in a pizzeria, I never eat the edge. At home, I make pizza with a thin crispy edge. Delicious stuffing and crispy edge … milk!
- 500 g of smooth flour
- 7 g of dry yeast
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 250 – 300 ml of lukewarm water
Mix flour and dry yeast. Add salt, olive oil and 250 ml of lukewarm water. Knead the dough and add more water if necessary (maximum 50 ml). Form the dough into a ball, place in a floured bowl, cover with cling film and let rise for an hour. Knead the risen dough briefly and divide it into two parts. Roll each piece thinly on a floured surface. The amount of dough that is obtained is enough for two large sheets from the oven, so if necessary, you can halve the amount of ingredients, if you need one pizza of the specified size.
Adjust the filling to taste, and the “less is more” rule applies. People usually overload the homemade pizza, so the overcrowded dough is difficult to bake. I put this on my pizza
- pumidor sauce (do not overdo it with the amount of sauce, it is enough that the whole dough is coated in a thin layer)
- coarsely grated cheese (choose the type according to taste, it is only important that it melts nicely)
- homemade sausage (peeled, cut into pieces)
- yellow pumidoriće (cut in half)
- mozzarella (put on pizza 2 minutes before the end of baking)
- prosciutto (placed on baked pizza, as soon as the pizza is taken out of the oven)
Place the rolled dough in a large baking sheet lined with baking paper. Place the ingredients you have chosen for the filling (without mozzarella and prosciutto) on the dough. Bake for 8 minutes in an oven preheated to 250°C then add the mozzarella torn into pieces. Bake for another 2-4 minutes until the mozzarella is melted.